Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.The I & E Technician modifies, repairs, or overhauls electronic and electrical equipment and controls. Applies knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in installing all instrumentation and electrical components safely.
- Troubleshoot problems with control systems and complex equipment associated with gas recips and turbines; generators, process plants, dehydration, control and pump stations; and gas chromatography.
- Run conduit, pull wire, change motors and maintain lighting systems and basic motor controls.
- Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
- Maintain advanced monitoring devices (gas, flame, or fire detectors, vibration, and temperature monitors).
- The ability to read P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings.
- Interpret plant electrical diagrams.
- Update electrical drawings.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain end devices, alarms, shutdown systems, process controls, substation and branch feeders, variable frequency drives, air/fuel controllers, panel boards, etc.
- Perform preventative and general maintenance on electronic and pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment.
- Provide training and technical support.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Graduation from a technical trade school and/or completion of an apprenticeship, certification or associate degree program in instrumentation or related studies is preferred.
- Journeyman electrical designation is highly preferred.
- The ability to read at a level to understand written safety procedures, work procedures, blue prints, P&IDs, work permits, and technical instruction manuals is required.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical codes and is familiarity with AC voltage (120-480) three phase and single phase plus 24 VDC is required.
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record are required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of electrical and instrumentation experience is required, preferably in a energy related industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment is required.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- The ability to assume responsibility, prioritize and respond to multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e., tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot lbs. of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is required.
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time is required.
Apply on company website