Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise's large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise's team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
Implement and support leading technologies as a member of Enterprise Products' IT team. Gain valuable experience with exposure to challenging and dynamic projects in all aspects of our business. Join our highly experienced network of professionals and connect with our creative team.
The Senior Communications Technician will provide regional telecommunications field support. This role requires a highly motivated individual, capable of working independent of direct supervision, to support a wide array of communications systems across a large geographic area. This position will provide direct support of local projects, system preventative maintenance, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and 24 hour on-call support. The technician will also provide support and first level training of field operations personnel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for various types of communication systems, such as voice, data, SCADA, video, microwave, badge access, video surveillance and satellite equipment, in addition to the infrastructure which it supports.
- Assist projects group with the implementation of project related systems.
- Direct local contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems.
- Provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.
- Act as first level liaison between field operations and the IT organization.
- Drive standards in the field and provide feedback to the communications engineering team.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- Travel up to 50%.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- An Associate's degree in Electronic or 7 years of equivalent experience in the field of Electronics is required.
- FCC license is preferred.
- A network certification such as a CCNA is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in the installation and/or maintenance of telecommunications systems, including wireless data systems, SCADA, and LAN cabling systems are required.
- Proven experience with phone system and microwave communications systems installation and maintenance are a plus.
- The applicant should be able to utilize test equipment and software required to support telecommunications systems in the field.
- The applicant should also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and prioritize assigned activities
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams /clients to solve problems.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment and safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.
Apply on company website