Envision Physician Services is seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to join our team at Portsmouth Regional Hospital in New Hampshire.
- Level II Trauma Center
- 25-bed ED
- 27,000 Annual Visits
- 30% admission rate
- 28 hours of physician coverage
- 24 hours of APP coverage
- Staffed with Board-Certified emergency physicians, nurses, and clinical staff specially trained in trauma and advanced cardiac life support
- Nurses with advanced emergency nurse certification (CEN) and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) certification
- Specialty rooms for gynecology, ear-nose-throat, trauma, and cardiac patients
- Suburb Medical Subspecialty Back up
- Coordination with EMS providers to ensure rapid response and treatment of stroke patients
- Easy access to ancillary services not available elsewhere in the community, including neurological care, interventional radiology, and a high-level Intensive Care Unit
- Employee status w/ Full Benefits
- Affiliated with two other Free-Standing Emergency Rooms - Dover / Seabrook
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Carley Culley, Clinical Recruiter at email@example.com or call/text 850-266-0367.
About the Facility
Portsmouth Regional is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Part of HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care and holds several prestigious accreditations. They include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, as well as The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center
About the Community
Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant with cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities. The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private-along with no sales tax or state income tax. We are situated only an hour away from Boston and an hour from the lakes and mountains of NH.
The geographic location, historic past and cultural strength regularly lands Portsmouth on various "best places to live" lists. It has been called "one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country" with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs and distinctive artisans' boutiques.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website