Envision Physician Services Provider is hiring a Full Time Emergency Medicine physicians to join our team at Newton Medical Center.
Physicians must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine through American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM).
About the Facility
Newton Medical Center. a member of the Atlantic Health System, is a 148-bed community hospital serving northwestern New Jersey as well as the Poconos and New York. Newton Medical Center was ranked #3 top New Jersey hospital under 350 beds by Castle Connolly for 2017, and ranked among the top 4 in the following specialties: breast cancer, prostate cancer, hip and knee repair, high-risk pregnancy, congestive heart failure, stroke, and neurological disorders. Newton Medical Center recently achieved the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Pathway to Excellence designation and is one of a select few health care facilities in New Jersey accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in all three echocardiography procedures: adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress.
Emergency Department Profile
- 36,000 annual patient volume
- 28 beds
- Fast Track
- EPIC EMR
- Advanced Practice Provider coverage
- A Primary Stroke Treatment Center - named among the top 10% in the nation for treatment of stroke by consumer healthcare ratings group Healthgrades®.
- 5-star ratings for superior quality performance in treatment of: Heart Failure, Sepsis, and Respiratory Failure
- Pilot Program of opiate medication-assisted therapy
About the Community
Newton, NJ is centrally located in the Kittatinny Valley within the New Jersey Highlands between the Delaware and Hudson Rivers. Newton, NJ is approximately 1 hour from New York City, 45 minutes from upstate New York and 30 minutes to the Pocono Mountains.
- Home to the New Jersey State fair and Sussex County Community College
- Cultural attractions include quaint restaurants, specialty shops, antique shops, art galleries, community events and festivals
- Recreational options include SkyView Golf Club and Sussex Skyhawks Professional Baseball
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website