The Department of Emergency Medicine at Lawnwood Regional Hospital is establishing a new allopathic Emergency Medicine Residency program, with an estimated start date of July 2023. We are currently seeking a Residency Program Director, eager to build a program from the ground up. Candidates must be EM residency trained, Board Certified by ABEM, and have at least three years' experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited EM program. The successful candidate will have a national reputation as a leader in academic medicine in the areas of medical education, clinical care and research (relevant within the last five years)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Core Faculty member in an ACGME –accredited Emergency Medicine program
- Must be clinically active in Emergency Medicine
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Have previous leadership / administrative experience
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Authority and accountability for the operation of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
- Obtain and maintain ACGME accreditation and state approval
- Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for their performance
- Participation in competency evaluation of residents
- Additional responsibilities to ensure programs success
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
About the Facility
- Level II Trauma Center
- 80,000 annual patient visits
- 42-bed ED including fast track
- 3 trauma bays, including 1 pediatric
- 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services
- ACS-COT/Florida DOH designated Level 2 adult trauma center
- 12 bed dedicated trauma ICU with 12 additional beds available in surgical ICU
- Most experienced heart institute on the Treasure Coast
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Lawnwood Pavilion, situated on campus, offers a 36-bed psychiatric facility and a 26-bed inpatient and outpatient physical rehabilitation center
About the Community
Situated on the "Treasure Coast" of Florida, named after the famed sinking of a Spanish treasure fleet in 1715, Fort Pierce is one of the oldest communities on the east coast of Florida. Convenient to miles of beautiful beaches, great golf and numerous outdoor activities, it has easy access to US 1, I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.
The Treasure Coast is a great place to live, located just a short distance from beautiful beaches and there are many great communities to reside in Indian River, St. Lucie and Martin counties.
Low cost of living, great outdoors, good schools, with great quality of life. The Treasure Coast is an area of lush tropical old Florida charm. It boasts a thriving and colorful downtown area with marina and riverfront. Convenient to miles of beautiful beaches, great golf and numerous outdoor activities.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website