Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, has a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Medical Director opportunity at Morristown Medical Center.
- Board Certification in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- 10+ years of EM experience,
- Prior experience leading and developing residency programs and running EM operations
About the Facility
Morristown Medical Center is a 735-bed non-profit, tertiary, research and academic medical center located in Morristown, New Jersey, serving northern New Jersey and the New York metropolitan area. The hospital is the flagship facility of Atlantic Health System and is the largest medical center in the system. The overall 84 bed Emergency Department is a Level I Trauma Center that sees 97,000 patients annually. There is an EMS control with hospital-based specialty transport transfer program and helicopter program. MMC also supports an Emergency medicine residency and EM fellowships (pediatric, ultrasound and EMS)
The Pediatric Emergency Department at Morristown Medical Center in located within the Goryeb Children's Hospital and sees 22,000 pediatric visits annually.
- 16-Bed Pediatric ED (<21years)
- 24/7 coverage with double physician coverage 2pm-12am
- 15 Board-certified or Board-eligible Pediatric emergency medicine attendings
- 12-hours daily coverage with PA/NPs
- 18-24 hours of medical scribe coverage
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Emergency Medicine Residency
- 34-bed Level 3 NICU
- Access to all pediatric sub-specialists
- Strong foundation in academics that includes teaching medical students as well as pediatric, family practice, and emergency medicine residents.
About the Community
Morristown, NJ is a beautiful suburban enclave in historic Morris County. Residents in Morristown enjoy a vibrant nightlife, shopping, award-winning restaurants, performing arts center, private schools, parks, museums and a public “town green". Downtown wakes up with early morning exercise classes and sidewalk cafes and stays lively late into the night. Morristown completed a new Moving Forward master plan to define its path forward: “to become the most welcoming, beautiful, healthy, resilient, and sustainable place to live, work, and play in New Jersey.”
- 40 minutes from New York City
- Pedestrian friendly, walkable community
- Train and easy highway access
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website