WHO YOU ARE
● A Maintenance Whiz. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
● A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
● A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
● Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
● Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
● Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
● Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
● Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
● Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Repair and enhance our community. You'll be responsible for repairing and maintaining allplumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
● Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
● Respond to service requests. You'll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
● Know the make-ready schedule. You'll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
● Tend to preventive maintenance. You'll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
● Notice the details. You'll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
● 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
● Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
● Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
● Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
● HVAC Experience
● EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal)
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Southern California, and Denver – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and customer loyalty ratings. That's why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won't be treated as simply another employee — you will be considered a partner in our shared success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal success through a benefits program that supports your Total Wellbeing.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees. The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total Wellbeing program here.
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent, cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are harnessed to create value — in ideas, business practices, relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military (including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status, marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or discrimination, or participate in investigations into such conduct.
Apply on company website