Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to our residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues. That's why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can “Live Remarkably,” and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to make their mark.
Our Receptionist is the face of our downtown Chicago corporate office, and the first point of contact for any and all visitors. Under the direction of the Office Services Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for welcoming and efficiently greeting visitors and answering the switchboard as appropriate. As a Receptionist, you will be responsible for assisting the Office Services Department when needed, as well as for providing support for other office administrative teams as requested. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.WHO YOU ARE
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and create synergistic relationships with team members and residents.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Answer all incoming calls to corporate general number that do not otherwise get forwarded through the phone tree, and forwards the caller to the appropriate party. Ensure that phone inquiries from residents are appropriately referred to resident relations or elsewhere as directed in a customer-friendly manner.
- Greet all visitors promptly and contact appropriate parties to announce guests; ensure that visitors are escorted to the appropriate areas.
- Place orders for outside messenger services as requested, ensuring appropriate approvals are completed on all requests.
- Schedule conference rooms upon requests, including confirming reservations with scheduling party. Assist with relocating meetings when necessary.
- Process office supply orders and receive verification of receipt from vendor. Obtain authorization to purchase restricted supplies.
- Contact Building Management to place service calls for issues in the space such as lights, plumbing, and other miscellaneous repairs.
- Maintain complete reference manual including employee listing with location and phone numbers, property lists, regional and area office lists, emergency procedures, and emergency evacuation instructions.
- Act as point of contact for emergency issues that may occur in the office to direct emergency crews, make phone calls, and generally assist however is needed.
- Possess a good working knowledge of employees and current organizational structure at Corporate office as well as Regional Offices.
- Maintain reception area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist with special projects as necessary and perform other administrative duties as assigned by Office Services Manager.
- Represent Equity Residential in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- High school diploma required.
- Experience as a receptionist, operator, or customer service representative preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including Gmail, Word and Excel, strongly preferred, as well as efficiency working with Google calendars to assist with scheduling.
- Ability to learn various other systems such as web-based phone system required.
- Must be able to adapt to change easily, be organized and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills essential.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
Apply on company website