Date: Jul 24, 2019
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
Did you know that more than half the people in the world now have a mobile phone? That's 5 billion people! It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson enables innovative ways of doing business and shaping the future together, as well as a renewed approach to global challenges such as education, healthcare, climate change and our use of natural resources.
We are undergoing a continuous transformation process to achieve our Networked Society goal. Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Thanks to our employees' curiosity, determination, and proactive approach, our technologies have transformed and shaped the future. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson's global services organization. On a day to day basis, the Center services global customers across the globe, managing networks that, together, enable 200 million subscribers to communicate. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs. We are passionate about social causes (having a strong Brand Ambassadors Team) and sports (over 20 teams participating in major competitions).
You will also:
An Engineer with a strong background in the design and implementation of cloud and on-premises automated environments:
• Provisioning of adequate capacity and security for new applications deployments – supporting internal developers and business operations;
• Deploy applications to UAT and production environments using the Devtoolset;
• Work with Application Developers and Operations Support (1st/2nd line) to put in place comprehensive support capability ;
• Quality focussed on all project and tasks;
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
- Linux skills:
- Operating System knowledge
- Package build and install, e.g. RPMs
- DB admin
- Network troubleshooting
- Adept with DevOps tools including – JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Nexus, SonarQube, Foreman, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins
- Provision of all stage of systems pre-production and production environments
- Creation of Training and Support Documentation
- Provide 3rd/4th line support for any/all legacy systems, in particular, Linux systems
- Architecture and Design (AWS required)
- CludFormation and terraform coding skills
- Version control use and branching
- Puppet skills
- Container knowledge, esp Docker
- Belief in Infrastructure as Code and Automation
- Understanding the principles of Continuous Integration and Delivery
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience that allows you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
In the Romanian Center we are well known for providing:
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Access t latest technology and ability to work to develop new tools and showcase your bright ideas
- Opportunities for continuous learning & professional growth and promotion
- Work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- Comprehensive benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- Opportunity to be an active part of the community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams which Ericsson is supporting
Benefits to suit your dreams (What's in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there's a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Apply on company website