Date: Sep 2, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in? Come, and be where it begins.
As a Data Scientist, you will need to have strong programming skills and strong understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. You will use your knowledge and/or experience in Data Science methodologies and apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Responsible for developing scientific methods, processes, and systems to extract knowledge or insights to drive the future of applied analytics.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness of new data sources and data gathering techniques. Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to enhance customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes. Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Solid understanding in Statistics, e.g., hypothesis formulation, hypothesis testing, descriptive analysis and data exploration.
- Aptitude and skills in Machine Learning, e.g., linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong programming skills in various languages (Python, Scala, R)
- Strong ambition to learn and implement current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, and Spark.
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development.
- Experience in programming or scripting to enable ETL development
- Familiarity with relational databases.
Minimum years of experience: 1-3 years of proven experience.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Apply on company website