Date: Aug 4, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
The MVV/EDAV organization is part of Business Area Digital Services (BDGS) – Service Delivery and responsible for building customer-specific solutions in the area of Multi-Vendor (Network and Cloud) Verification and Device & Application Verification.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals. Further on, the Solution Architect can be expected to deliver different services mainly addressing telecom operators, but also automotive in the area of multi-vendor and device & application verification for all technologies with focus on new technologies (incl. 5G and NFV). The service delivery is done either at customer premises or in lab environment.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Education: MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum years of experience: 10+ years in 3G/LTE Device Testing, RAN & Core Interoperability and Integration
- Domain experience: area of expertise – 2G/3G/LTE/5G end to end network , Radio Access and Core integration, Device Interoperability
- Experience from technical job roles is required, e.g. experience from work as an Integration Engineer or Software Developer: Testing and Integration, Interoperability, message flow analysis, 3GPP standards in RAN and Core, engineer or Radio Access
- Familiarity with 3GPP, CTIA, GCF standards and processes
- Superior customer communication skills
- Strong end to end hands-on Interoperability and troubleshooting experiences across modem, Radio Access and Core domains
- Experienced in modem to network integration, interoperability and protocol validation
- Strong familiarity with Tier 1 mobile network operators' device technical requirements
- Familiarity with mobile device operator development and certification process and requirements
- Solid understanding and mapping operators' requirements against 3GPP/ETSI, GSMA & IEEE standards
- Strong knowledge of air interface and radio access network protocol standards
- Familiarity with Radio and Network testing, diagnostic and logging tools
- Strong record of contribution to testing forums or organization such as 3GPP RAN5/ CTIA / GCF in test cases development related to LTE and 5G Devices
- Provide technical expertise in test planning and executing feature testing for mobile operator for 3GPP, CBRS, MultiFire features
- Lead teams across different phases of IODT/IOT/pre-filed certification/carrier certification/industry certifications in LTE and NR domains
- Work with different organization to analyze and troubleshoot issues reported from customer labs, and field and provide recommendation and solutions
- Familiarity with Ericsson RAN, Core, OSS, BSS product architecture and implementation
- Provide engineering direction and Road Maps and device development and certification to tier 1 to tier 3 mobile network operators
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || ServEng
Req ID: 411222
Apply on company website