Date: Nov 27, 2019
Graduate Software Developer
Based in Reading, Berkshire
Here at Ericsson, we create transformational technology, conceived, designed and delivered to make people's lives easier, more fulfilling and more connected. But we don't simply transform technology. We transform people too, by giving them support, and learning and career development opportunities. We encourage innovation and experimentation and we want our people to be brave, take ownership of their performance and dare to do more. This means that freedom, autonomy and personal responsibility are corner stones of the Ericsson culture.
You'll only get to start your career once. Let's make it a good one.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who love technology and want to become part of an organisation who are committed to developing individuals with talent and a passion for all things technical. We can offer a very real opportunity for you to grow your technical knowledge and make your mark on some exciting projects.
Our teams are divided into solutions areas, you will become an integral part of a team delivering those solutions to our customers, either internally or externally. Technical skill requirements will vary depending on the solutions areas, so you will be given the chance to build on your current knowledge and learn new skills.
- Recent / Expected Graduate with a 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Solid base knowledge in multiple programming languages (Java, C#, Python etc)
- Strong communication and presentation skills on technical topics
- Knowledge of software engineering principles
- Excellent attention to detail and problemsolving skills
- Previous knowledge of the Telecommunications industry (not essential)
- Knowledge of Automation / Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Perks of Working with us
- Dynamic and modern workplace, in an ideal city centre location, opposite to the mainline station
- Access to global learning & development tools & programs and the latest technology
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong employee perks and discounts on everyday items (50% off Cinema tickets, phone contract discounts, broadband deals)
- Monthly socials events & sports clubs
- A fun, friendly, inclusive & supportive environment
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 307234
Apply on company website