Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson's strategic intent with the IoT business is to become a leader in IoT connectivity and platforms, and to secure new profitable growth for our Communications Service Providers (CSP) customers and Ericsson. IoT is also a key success factor for 5G.
IoT is an Acceleration Operating unit within Business Area Technologies and New Businesses and serves as an incubation zone within which potentially exciting technologies are developed with the ambition of becoming a progressive and profitable future business in Ericsson.
We are strengthening our team in Asia and are looking for IoT Platform Lead Solution Architect position located in Tokyo, Japan.
As IoT Platform Lead Solution Architect you will be responsible for handling customer requirements and proposing solutions based on Ericsson IoT Accelerator service. The primary focus is to understand customers' needs and provide superior services by crafting outstanding business value for our customers through efficient and innovative solutions.
You will have a pivotal role entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams. You will plan, design and deliver solutions that provide best in class IoT connectivity and device management. The Lead Solution Architect will work across the different components of Ericsson IoT Accelerator Platform, with focus on Packet Core, Communication Services and BSS domain.
- Main interface and Ericsson responsible towards CSP for services solution design, dimensioning and configuration.
- Signs off the solution before contract. Delivers compliancy statements towards customers.
- Clarifies how CSP e2e business processes are supported by the IoT Accelerator Platform services (e.g. SIM ordering, fulfillment, assurance, etc.) and highlights benefits for different customer teams.
- Owns and drives new requirements with feedback loop between CSP and Product Management.
- Define an accurate & complete High Level and Low Level Design.
- Constantly review service and solution design to ensure consistency with CSP business needs.
- Provides Sales team and CSP with platform services functional expertise.
- Support in providing technical expertise on IoT Platform for enterprise engagements and responsible for designing accurate solution to meet enterprise requirements.
- Support from technical perspective the introduction of new services of the IoT platform service and link to possible new business opportunities for the CSP.
To be successful in the role you must have
- University degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of related experience in designing customer solution involving connectivity and/or IT integrations
- Communication skills required to work with engineers, developers and sales team
- An innovative and creative spirit, and are willing to take risks
- Business process design
- Experience working in a global team
- Domain experience and knowledge:
- Expertise in Packet Core nodes (i.e. MME, EPG, SAPC..) and/or UDM nodes (HSS/CUDB)
- Experience in 5G Core Network Functions
- Expertise in Telco BSS (subscription management, charging and billing)
- Previous experience with IoT/M2M Platforms service is a plus
- Experience managing customers' expectations
- Value argumentation skills (customer/brand/portfolio)
- Relationship building and stakeholder management capabilities (on customer & internal side)
- Behavioral traits:
- Presenting & influencing
- Writing & reporting
- Adapting & responding to change
- Planning & organizing
- Working under pressure
Proficiency in written and spoken English and Japanese.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Tokyo || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 404746
Apply on company website