Date: Oct 18, 2020
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us.
The L3 support engineer is mainly responsible for handling problems that have been reported by customers or other Ericsson support organizations and shall provide contracted customer support services according to established processes like Trouble Ticket Handling and knowledge sharing.
The position includes investigation of complex technical problems (CSRs) and provides remedy or solutions as per committed service level and lead time.
The candidate will be responsible for competence development of resources to handle global trouble tickets of different priorities and categories in the respective domain through mentoring, coaching, knowledge sessions or any other possible mechanism.
- Working with assigned tickets and/ helping team member(s) in handling and troubleshooting the tickets, using support tools adhering to defined support processes and procedures.
- Analyze problems and identify suitable solutions to these problems.
- Through contact with external customers and internal support functions gather data and information about any specific problem that has been reported to Ericsson.
- Actively engage in communication with other engineers for the purpose of knowledge sharing etc
- Interaction with Design maintenance/ 3PP as required with respect to TT/TR
- Evaluation of answers and solutions received from other competence units such as design maintenance of self and partner units to verify that the answer/ solution will clear the problem reported by the customer.
- In the line of supporting our products, identify possible improvements to the products that will make them more maintainable and user friendly. Document these possible improvements in Requirement.
- Specifications as input to the design of new generations of the products.
- Notification of process problems and irregularities to the responsible management. These problems/irregularities may be within the own organization or within any of the organizations within Ericsson handling customer support requests.
- Registration of new known solutions and updating of existing known solutions based on the answers / solutions developed within own Line-organization or received from elsewhere.
- Provide emergency support
- Produce technical aids, guides as service documentation. Generate maintenance bulletins and hazard warnings.
- Ensure the quality answer is provided to each problem handled.
- Maintain system configuration records for SW, Market Features and Network Configurations for assigned customer.
- Giving guidance in developing Operation & Maintenance instructions
- Implementation of proactive maintenance procedures
- Work with Configuration Management to access needed information for standard and customized solutions.
- Understand and work with Solution Management processes
- Isolate the product faults and raise the TR. Evaluate the answer provided to TR
- Support design maintenance team to reproduce the fault
- Ensure the quality of Emergency corrections and Intermediate correction Packages delivered to customer.
- Support FFI, FNI, FOA, DVA
- Experience in design and maintenance is added advantage
- Knowledge of atleast one scripting language is must
- Familiar with Agile ways of working.
- Should be open to work in Emergency ROTA.
To be successful in this role
- 6+ years of work experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues at the capacity of SLS/PLM/DU level or at the capacity of Solution Architect.
- Should have good knowledge on Operating System (Linux)
- Should have Good knowledge in Java, Spring,Angular JS, Junit, Robo framework, Python/Ruby.
- Should have good knowledge in Docker/Kubernetes/ Redhat open stack
- Should have good knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft AZURE, VMware.
- Should have good knowledge in Enterprise Postgre DB/Cassandra/Redis DB.
- Knowledge in Ericsson IOTA DM is added advantage.
- Good knowledge in MQTT, COAP,LwM2M and REST protocols.
- Should be aware of Processes and all tools used for support.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams.
- Technical degree in Telecommunication/ related area.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Chennai || IT
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06
Apply on company website