Date: Aug 27, 2019
Ericsson is world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet's greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Lead Data Scientist to significantly expand its team for AI acceleration in Plano HQ office.
- Partner with Ericsson's AI Accelerate team to prioritize and answer the most important questions where machine learning and AI breakthroughs will have material impact
- Use your experience in analytics tools and scientific rigor to produce actionable insights. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-netwroks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learnings and other machine learning systems
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models
- Mentor junior data scientists on technologies, methodologies and best-practices
- Develop methodologies, standards/best-practices and systems for reusable MI assets across Ericsson businesses
- Develop and nurture MI communities within Ericsson and its ecosystem in the areas of expertise
- Collaborate with others on best way to document and present the findings and experiments of the data analysis, including benchmarking against (de-facto) industry standards and baselines, to the stakeholders
- Collaborate with product development teams to industrialize the findings
- Communicate key results to senior management in verbal, visual, and written media
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI's needs
- Present and be prominent in Machine learning related forums and conferences, e.g., presenting papers, organizing sessions and be a Panelist
Technologies we use and teach:
- R, Python
- Hive and other Bigdata family
- Statistics (Frequentist/Bayesian methods, experimental design, causal inference)
- Shiny/D3/Tableau, etc
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or related field
- 5 to 7 years of Applied Data Science experience
- Strong knowledge in Statistics, e.g., hypothesis formulation, hypothesis testing, descriptive analysis and data exploration.
- Demonstrated skills in Machine Learning, e.g., linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R)
- Strong skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, and Spark
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Certification: Machine Learning MOOCS
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- Experience in programming or scripting to enable ETL development
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Previous industry experience or internships in product related analytics
- Independent research experience
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ProdMgt; SharedServ
Apply on company website