Date: Jan 23, 2020
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Competency : R&D-IPOS
Business Unit Networks is responsible for the company's industry leading radio and transport products and solutions, which are the foundation for Ericsson's market leadership, and we continue to invest for sustainable leadership within a highly competitive market.
Development Unit Networks is focused on securing technology and market leadership in 5G with the Ericsson Radio System (ERS). A part of ERS is the market leading transport portfolio covering Microwave, Optical Fronthaul systems and IP Routers developed by the Product Development Unit (PDU) Transport.
The IP Operating System (IPOS) is today used in Ericsson's Router 6000 portfolio. Going forward these IP blocks are also candidates to build up the next generation cloud-based routing platform.
We are now looking for a Line Manager to manage engineering efforts for IPOS Routing software development . The right incumbent will be managing highly competent engineering team and will be responsible for engineering deliverables. The position is based in the Ericsson engineering development Centre in India at Bangalore. The center has over 400 head count.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build and develop a strong and successful R&D team
- Be technical leader and visionary
- Contribute to technology and product leadership
- Lead the execution & engineering efforts for delivering routing software features on mobile backhaul router product.
- Ensuring product development & engineering execution – Ensuring delivery, timelines of deliverable, resource utilization, resource availability, high level reviews of the deliverables etc.
- Manage all aspects of cross-discipline product development teams.
- Cultivate & contribute in a productive, challenging, independent and fun working environment.
- Learn and replicate the Ericsson R&D corporate culture and processes.
- Manage the issue resolution process, including working with R6K colleagues for the best overall solution.
- Constantly seek ways to improve the overall productivity and quality of the product development team.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Continuous improvement on efficiency, quality and reducing waste
- Drive innovation and IPR in area of responsibility
- Drive Knowledge Sharing and Learning
- Responsible for upholding Ericsson's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Abilities required:
- A proven track record of delivering carrier-class, large scale embedded networking software products on time, on budget and with quality.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in software product development, out of which minimum 2+ years in a people manager position
- Must have experience managing teams comprising of 10+ employees
- Experience of L2/L3 Protocols
- Experience with all phases of agile software lifecycle management
- Prior experience within IP networking or routing software delivery products or companies is a must.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new processes, ideas, and concepts.
- Ability to delegate.
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams
- Ability to inspire others
Education / Certifications: BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical fields.What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Apply on company website