Date: May 20, 2020
Ericsson CU: Australia
Functional Area: Networks
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn't just a deal. It's a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.' We've never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are looking for a Vision Project Manager to drive the Solution Onboarding / New Product Introduction (NPI) for software and hardware and new features for a 4G network. Our ideal candidate will have team management and project budget responsibility and work in a matrix environment. You will need to be able to effectively prioritise your time and manage relationships to establish multiple projects and hardware/solution trials while demonstrating business value to our customer.About You:
Ideally you will come with a lead optimization engineer or an architect background who moved into a Project Management role. The successful candidate will have experience delivering on-time and on-budget and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will also have a demonstrated a track record for establishing very good partner relationships and handling short lead times.Key Responsibilities:
- Run all activities for Solution Onboarding / NPI for software & hardware & new features for 4G
- Build and nurture a great relationship with the customer, internal partners and the Product Development Unit (PDU)
- Manage a team of 8-10 engineers and work closely with the PDU and other Solution Architects and System Integrators
- Report into the Customer Operations Manager on project finances and achievements
- Have a keen understanding of customer and partner requirements
- Demonstrate business value through effective presentation to the customer
- Proven engineering/architecture background with at least 3 years' experience as a PM or in an equivalent role
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- Demonstrated ability in leading Solution Onboarding / NPI for software & hardware and new features
- Domain experience in Telco with a solid understanding of Mobile
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role as a Project Manager
- Experience in leading project teams in a matrixed organization
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.What happens next once you apply?
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union.
Apply on company website