Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company's portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson's investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
As a member of the PDU Radio Product Systems Canada team, the Radio System Architect will help develop the radio products that will take Ericsson and our customers forward into 5G. The position. The position will help define new radio architectures for existing and future radio products.
We are part of the global Radio Systems and Technology team, and we mainly work with:
- Technical studies within Technology Area System
- Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) architecture
- Technology strategy
- Help define the radio product architecture, including modularity and partitioning, with a product level focus
- Help build a strategic long-term vision addressing current and future needs by crafting architecture roadmaps, anatomies, and development plans
- Participate in product studies, primarily in the early phases
- Identify technology gaps required to build future radio products
- Translate customer needs into product requirements.
- Collaborate with NSV Systems, Cloud RAN, Radio and Baseband HW development, Baseband/RAN Systems, and software
- Act as coach and mentor, and actively share knowledge within Ericsson
- Work closely with other Radio Systems teams in the global Ericsson R&D community, located in Sweden and China.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working directly in the development of radio products
- Deep knowledge and experience in Ericsson radio development
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. degree
- Proficiency in system architecture
- Excellent leadership and collaboration
- Knowledge of radio principles, signal processing, RF design.
- Knowledge of wireless ecosystem, 3GPP, and 5G evolution
- highly motivated, a self-starter, and a great teammate
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build networks
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 538169
Apply on company website