Date: Sep 10, 2019
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world's mobile traffic carried through our networks. We have been active in Germany for more than 60 years and employ 2,000 staff at 11 locations. In the area of research and development (R&D), Ericsson employs some 950 staff in Germany. With the Eurolab facilities located in Herzogenrath near Aachen, Ericsson operates an ICT development center in Germany, which hosts also an Ericsson Research unit active in the field of Network Architecture and Protocols.
Researcher (f/m/d) Network Architecture and Protocols focused on AI
Req. ID 288227
Location: Herzogenrath, Germany
For our Ericsson Research team in Herzogenrath, we are looking for a smart, flexible, and technically creative talent to strengthen our efforts on using AI for the operation and optimization of mobile networks. You will work in a team to define and realize new capabilities of AI for Mobile Services.
- Work in an interdisciplinary project with major industry players and academic partners to explore the potential of Data/ML/AI technologies for mobile networks
- Perform studies for different use cases and evaluate the performance of AI methods
- Document findings in research reports and publications
- Communicate your project results to both experts and stakeholders in business units
- Work in a dynamic and cross-functional research department where there will be great opportunities for continuous learning
- PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Hands-on programming experience in at least 1 language - we mainly use Python, R, Java, C++ or/and MATLAB
- First experiences with AI technologies, preferably in the context of mobile networks
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Ability to describe complicated data in a concise and comprehensible manner
- Creativity and ability to work independently paired with excellent team working skills
- Structured, organized and independent working style with attention to quality, detail and accuracy
- Business-English is a must, German an asset
- A temporary contract for up to 36 months with an opportunity to an unlimited contract
- An international working environment with cooperative teams
- Excellent learning and personal development opportunities within Ericsson Corporation
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your complete application documents including your earliest possible start date and your expected salary. Send a cover letter including a description of your qualification, competence as well as your interest in the position along with your resume to the Ericsson www.ericsson.com/careers. Applications via e-mail cannot be accepted due to the data protection regulations. For queries, you are welcome to contact Varvara (email@example.com).
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Herzogenrath || R&D
Req ID: 288227
Apply on company website