Date: Jul 2, 2020
Ericsson Inc. does not sponsor US work authorization for this job position including H-1B, O-1, and TN. Ericsson also does not hire F-1's working on EAD for this position.
Location: West Playa Vista, Los Angeles
Our Exciting Opportunity
Are you an experienced backend developer comfortable working in a startup environment? Do you have a desire to make an impact technologically? The One Network is the place! We are a technology acceleration unit, designed to innovate, move fast, and change the world as a startup, funded by Ericsson. In other words, we have best of the both worlds: excitement of a startup and impact of a market leader. We only want the best and the brightest, do you think you are up for it?
We are looking for the right individuals to develop a scalable, resilient, and secure product.
- Design and develop backend microservices of a distributed telecommunications product
- Ensure scalability, resiliency, and security of the product implementation
- Work with the team and guide less experienced team members on technology, architecture, and process
- Apply most up-to-date techniques, architecture, and open source
- Work with Product Management to deliver product on time according to roadmap
To be successful in the role you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Ability to show in-depth knowledge in areas of expertise, from frameworks to low-level implementation details
- Advanced knowledge of distributed systems debugging in Linux environment
- Strong desire to code at least 80% of the time
- Public pet projects showcased on GitHub profile or other media
- A good grasp on containerization, virtualization, and service orchestration
- Experience in developing and deploying applications in Kubernetes or any other Kubernetes-compatible container orchestrator
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud provider such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive software design and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to efficiently explain ideas, designs, and concepts to other team members
- Experience using Jira and GitLab in Agile software development
You also have:
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that crafts a comfortable and effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Familiarity with Free Open Source Software, its principles, and licenses
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Los Angeles || ProdMgt
Reporting to: Head of the One Network
Apply on company website