Date: Nov 22, 2019
Ericsson Functional Unit: Service Delivery
Country Unit: Australia
Work Rights: Current New Zealand or Australian Permanent Residency highly preferred
Travel Required: 75% of the time
Recruiter: Syeda Fatima - email@example.com - Please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we are not able to accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we've made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that'.
We'll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great' and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
This position sits within the Network Design and Optimisation (NDO) Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced global team at Ericsson. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (ML, 5G, IoT, AEO, and VoLTE) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in Melbourne, you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
In This Role You Will
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
- Develop and deliver machine learning solutions in the RAN Design or Optimisation area to mobile operators
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators' technical and business requirements
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
As An Ideal Candidate, You Will Have
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 4 years of Radio Network Design and Optimisation experience or relevant experience in ICT Industry.
- Programming skills/experience in languages; Python, Perl, Hadoop, Git repository etc
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services and Application Experience Optimization
- Deep technical RAN knowledge is an advantage
- Experienced in using the radio network design and optimisation tools is an advantage (Atoll, Planet etc).
- Ability to travel globally up to 75% of the time (project dependent)
- Full Australian working rights
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Apply on company website