Date: Aug 10, 2020
Work on future communication technologies? 5G, IoT, Machine Learning, We are already there!
If you have extensive experience in network design and optimization, we offer the opportunity to work with operators worldwide, alongside our product development team, crafting the next-generation networks.
With us, you can continuously upskill, in a fast-paced constantly evolving technology landscape. We are building the CTOs of the future.
You are encouraged to contribute by working in an exciting and multifaceted distributed team, providing different aspects of service delivery. Activities will include both Pre and Post Sales engagements and involvement in enhancing and developing our service portfolio.Responsibilities:
Although this position is based in Dublin - Ireland, please note that this role has global responsibility and a significant amount of travel to Ericsson and Customer sites for both long and short durations anywhere in the world is anticipated.
We are passionate about high valuable services based on customer intimacy, end-2-end customer understanding, and business and technology leadership.
The Solution Architect will have many responsibilities. They will be directly involved in delivering services to customers in at least one of the areas mentioned above. As a senior resource, they will also lead projects, drive business opportunities, innovations, mentor and support more junior staff, and participate in the running and development of the Ericsson NDO services business.
The team supports Ericsson companies globally with expertise in a range of areas including (but not limited to):
- Network Design and Dimensioning
- Network Performance Optimisation
- Implementation and trials of new Network Features and Technologies
- Fostering customer ‘end-2-end' engagements (e.g. User Experience Optimisation, VoLTE)
This is a role for someone who has already achieved a level of excellence as a technical engineer and is now ready to move to more leadership and a business-focused position in a global environment.Key Qualifications:
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Have worked for an operator or on customer projects with a vendor/service provider for at least 8 years
- E2E knowledge of NDO Services, covering Devices, RAN, Transport and Packet Core
- Data analytics knowledge (statistical analysis, statistical tools, methods/processes to analyze data, data correlation).
- Deep technical knowledge in RAN-RF and preferable also a good understanding of Packet Core and other domains/component (e.g. IMS) engage optimal in E2E activities
- Ability to collaborate with the customer (up to C-Level)
- Understand customer's objectives and be able to analyze their concerns to link these to the improvement in Network Performance and End User Experience.
- Provide recommendations and insight to Product Management, so they can make changes and updates to our Service Portfolio.
- Highly developed Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Technical, Customer and Team Leadership Skills
This role involves extensive travel, up to 50% Global travel with contracts lasting from 1 day to 6+ months
Able to move away from the technical comfort zone (User experience will force people to think in new ways and enter areas may be outside of the technical expertise)
- Ability to communicate, eloquent, present, and influence the C-Level by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business. (Not only CTO but also CMO, CFO, and even CEO).
Why we believe you'll love it here…
- Our software has over 300 customers world-wide, managing over a million nodes with over a billion subscribers – you're sure to find a challenge worthy of your skills!
- Work on projects that impacts the lives of billions (40% of the world's traffic uses Ericsson networks)
- We have fast-feedback loops and automate as much as we possibly can
- We continuously deliver to and delight our customers: most of them have our latest and greatest release!
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment, short commute!
- We're a diverse bunch, over 60 nationalities on-site. Expand horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers before they go live
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Laptop and mobile phone, tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Solution Architect
Apply on company website