Date: Jun 10, 2019
This role will be with the Market Area North America (MANA) Networks Automation and Analytics (AnA) team and specifically with the Operational Support and Solutions Team within AnA. Candidate will be part of a DBA/Systems Administration team supplying 2nd/3rd level support for a multitude of tools that we deploy and operate for MANA. Goal of the position is to maintain tools at required Service Level Agreements along with identifying/developing/implementing automations that allow continuous operational improvements in maintaining these systems. Key areas of this role will be in the Database Administration area providing operational support for many different database types as well as scripting work in automating task and managing systems.
You will be responsible for the following:
- System Administration of several tools/platforms
- Hardware/Operating System/Application Deployments
- Database Administration (Stand-Alone and Clustering)
- Implementing and administering IT Security and Data Privacy policies
- Implementation of monitoring solutions using several monitoring platforms
- Partnering with Development Teams in establishing requirements for solutions (DevOps)
- Testing solutions and applications against customer requirements along with performance and robustness needs
- Supporting end customers via ticketing system, e-Mail, and phone enabling them to be successful
- Application lifecycle management
- Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT/Networking), Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience performing system administration work on systems/platforms/tools in the IT/Telecom space
- 3-4 years' experience in database administration work (SQL/NoSQL databases). Certifications in this area are an advantage
- Scripting in the area of SQL, Python, PERL, etc… a must
- ITIL certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice or similar
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- English skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Deciding & initiating action
- Planning & organizing
- Applying expertise & technology
- Presenting & communicating information
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Apply on company website