Join our busy orthopedic practice and become a part of a fun team that collaborates well to meet the demands of a high volume clinic. This position requires candidates to act as a surgical assist in addition to his/her clinical practice preference for candidates with Orthopedic Surgery background/experience! This driven and growth-oriented team with multiple subspecialties consists of 6 physicians and 3 advanced practice clinicians working together to provide high-quality, patient-centric care.
- 1.0 FTE, full-time status
- Mon-Fri with 1:4 call rotation (general ortho and trauma call with physician)
- 50% clinic; 50% hospital work - 2 days of OR and 3 days of clinic
- 20 outpatients per day; 1-3 inpatients per week (variable volume)
- 5 procedures per day
- Outreach anticipated to satellite hospitals/clinics; locations and days TBD
- Position involves patient care coordination, OR assists, inpatient rounding, and support of physicians' practices.
- Preference for candidates
The Physician Assistant is assigned to Surgical Services for the purpose of providing patient care under the supervision of the attending physician(s) in accordance with the rules, regulations, bylaws of the Medical Staff Office with the following responsibilities, including but not limited to: assisting in surgery. Independently delivering clinical services to patients within the services line within the limits of their privileges. Complies with Essentia Health standards, policies and procedures, contributes to customer satisfaction, participates in quality assurance improvement, supports and participates in team approach to the delivery of patient care within the department, service line and hospital. Fiscally responsible for the level of care prescribed/delivered and the appropriate utilization of resources. Demonstrates the successful judgment and ability to service appropriate unique needs of various patient populations and age groups.
The Physician Assistant utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, the PA works independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. PAs provide health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. They may care for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly as noted in age-related category and area of expertise. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
- Masters or Doctorate degree Bachelors/Masters degree in Physician Assistant program from an accredited program/institution
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in appropriate states
- Current certification in CPR
- National certification, in applicable area
- Successful completion of Essentia Health credentialing process prior to practice
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our busy orthopedic practice and become a part of a fun team that collaborates well to meet the demands of a high volume clinic. This posit...
Apply on company website