Posted Date: Jan 15, 2020
Position Title: EXECUTIVE CHEF II
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.Job Summary
Are you ready to take your Culinary Talent to an organization that thrives on innovation, sustainability and a true passion for food? Then you might be looking for this role with Eurest as an Executive Chef!
This Executive Chef will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations for a new conference and catering center for a corporate client in Uptown Charlotte. You will maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and prepare / direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate & client account programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
Read about our sustainability and Eco-Foot-Print here: https://www.compassgroupcareers.com/about-us/sustainability/
• Plan regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
• Follow standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards
• Complete and utilize daily production worksheets and waste log sheets
• Taste completed meals to ensure quality
• Train kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
• Establish and maintain cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensure that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
• Maintain inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
• Make all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
• Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
• Follow facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
• Participate and attend departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
• Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and 2+ years of culinary experience
• Five+ years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Extensive catering experience is required
• Previous High volume, complex foodservice operations experience
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences
• Hands-on chef experience a must
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Serv-safe certified - highly desirable
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
• Ability to lead and mentor a diverse Culinary team
• Proficient with MS Office Suite as well as web-based applications
• Possess a Positive Can-Do-Attitude
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 368346
Apply on company website