Assimilates into professional role. Provides professional nursing care within assigned unit. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- 0-6 months experience
- BSN preferred
- Registered Nurse or other compact state
- BCLS certified - for selected nursing positions within 30 days
- Practice Standards
- Adheres to hospital policies, ANA standards of practice, and nursing code of ethics.
- Ensures safe, timely and accurate medication and IV administration and transcription.
- Successfully uses information technology.
- Documentation is accurate, timely, concise, legible and adheres to departmental policy.
- Integrates policies and/or national practice guidelines into patient care planning to achieve desired patient care outcomes.
- Is an expert resource for content development of clinical practice (and therefore policy/procedure review or development).
- Performs a physical assessment and elicits comprehensive patient history on admission appropriate to the setting and patient's condition utilizing accepted practice and documentation standards.
- Performs systematic, ongoing assessments as patient condition and unit standards warrant.
- Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment techniques and instruments in collecting pertinent data.
- Prioritizes established patient care problems and needs.
- Makes clinical decisions independently, collaboratively, manages one's own assignment.
- Manages own assignment while balancing efficiency and cost.
- Recognizes own limitations and seeks collaboration/assistance when needed.
- Modifies plans and re-prioritizes work quickly to handle the unexpected.
- Manages multiple demands in prioritizing the patient care needs of an entire unit/dept.
- Adapts routine protocols and resources to demonstrate effective clinical decision making, in situations that are less than predictable.
- Communicates effectively during any patient hand-off.
- Identifies and anticipates patient care needs and initiates the plan of care based upon actual or potential health risks or problems to attain mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Identifies patient priorities and discharge planning needs by utilizing assessment, 'best practice' standards, multidisciplinary team and patient input.
- Evaluates and modifies the effectiveness of the plan of care based on mutually agreed upon outcomes and patient feedback.
- Patient/Family Education
- Identifies patient education needs and collaborates with other health care professionals to provide appropriate learning opportunities.
- Documents patient education, interventions and patient's response in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop formal patient education materials independently.
- Develops/participates in community education programs or screenings.
- Professional Growth and Development
- Seeks formal education to maintain and advance clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Seeks assignments that challenge and stretch their ability.
- Anticipates the need for and acquires new skills/training.
- Able to work in more than one specialty area/unit/environment.
- Is an active member of a professional organization and shares organizational information with their home department.
- Maintains certification in specialty area.
Apply on company website