Oversees the work of the team members in a patient care or business area. Has responsibility for daily clinical operations and people management.
- RN License - NH or Compact State License
- BSN required
- 2 to 5 years clinical experience
- Certification in clinical area or nursing management within 18 months
- (ED only) ACLS, PALS & TNCC within 6 months
- Coordinates the daily work of the unit team members, as delegated by the manager, to ensure proper clinical care/care delivery, policy compliance, quality outcomes and customer satisfaction. Serves as steward of resources: fiscal, personnel, materials and time.
- Demonstrates clinical and operational leadership skills and is able to organize, manage, and evaluate the function of the team and foster a safe environment for staff and patients.
- Supports staff in autonomous problem solving regarding unit based and patient care issues including the application of evidence based information. Role models interdisciplinary communication and collaboration.
- Collaborates with team members, unit based practice council, manager and physicians to review nurse sensitive quality indicators, and participates in the process improvement activities of the unit/ department.
- Eencourages the clinical and professional development of nursing colleagues. Engages the staff in clinical rounds and provides formal and informal educational opportunities on the unit.
- Provides input to the direct care nurses and the manager/ director on the performance and competency of direct care nurses. Participates in the performance reviews of the support staff as appropriate.
- Communicates organizational information to all staff on a regular and timely basis; may lead daily dashboard.
- Facilitates capacity management/patient throughput.
- In collaboration with the manager/ director, addresses clinical practice and/or behavioral issues on the unit.
- As assigned, will participate in the development of staff schedules and collect and report on quality data.
Apply on company website