Provides professional nursing care within assigned unit. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Requirements: 0 to 6 months of directly related experience BSN Preferred Registered Nurse - NH or Other Compact State BCLS certified
-for selected nursing positions within 30 days Responsibilities:
- Ensures safe, timely and accurate medication and IV administration and transcription.
- Successfully uses information technology.
- Documentation is accurate, timely, concise, and legible and adheres to departmental policy.
- Integrates policies and/or national practice guidelines into patient care planning to achieve desired patient care outcomes. - Is an expert resource for content development of clinical practice (and therefore policy/procedure review or development).
- Precepts new employees, sets goals and assists the new employee in meeting those goals.
- Facilitates and encourages an environment for critical thinking. - Makes 1 to 2 formal presentations (case study, new equipment in service, or education program)to peers at least annually. - Assists in meeting the learning and professional development needs of others.
- Understands team members roles and delegates tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the licensure, education, and experience of the staff.
- Assigns personnel appropriately; understands when follow up is needed.
- Monitors and evaluates appropriate utilization of staff during assigned shift.
- Performs a physical assessment and elicits comprehensive patient history on admission appropriate to the setting and patients condition utilizing accepted practice anddocumentation standards.
- Performs systematic, ongoing assessments as patient condition and unit standards warrant.
- Uses appropriate evidence based assessment techniques and instruments in collectingpertinent data.
- Prioritizes established patient care problems and needs.
- Makes clinical decisions independently, collaboratively, manages ones own assignment.
- Manages own assignment while balancing efficiency and cost.
- Recognizes own limitations and seeks collaboration/assistance when needed.
- Modifies plans and reprioritizes work quickly to handle the unexpected.
- Manages multiple demands in prioritizing the patient care needs of an entire unit/dept.
- Adapts routine protocols and resources to demonstrate effective clinical decision making, in situations that are less than predictable.
- Communicates effectively during any patient hand off.
- Identifies and anticipates patient care needs and initiates the plan of care based upon actual orpotential health risks or problems to attain mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Identifies patient priorities and discharge planning needs by utilizing assessment, best Practice standards, multidisciplinary team and patient input.
- Evaluates and modifies the effectiveness of the plan of care based on mutually agreed upon outcomes and patient feedback.
-Identifies patient education needs and collaborates with other health care professionals to provide appropriate learning opportunities.
-Documents patient education, interventions and patients response in a clear and concise manner. - Develop formal patient education materials independently.
- Develops/participates in community education programs or screenings.
Apply on company website