Reports to the Director of Homecare. Communicates and collaborates with patients families physicians and staff to assist with effective patient care and scheduling. Provides direct patient care to patients on an as needed basis.
- graduate of accredited RN program
- 3-5 years experience
- RN license - NH or other Compact State
- CPR certified or within 30 days of hire
- Driver license - valid
- Triages calls for clinical departments from physicians; patients; families and staff concerning patient care issues. Documents triage calls in the electronic medical record.
- Receives physician's orders and provides appropriate follow up; communication; and documentation completed in an accurate and timely manner according to agency standards.
- Communicates lab results to MD office and staff; documents results in medical record.
- Assists with scheduling of patients as clinical needs arise.
- Collaborates and communicates with managers and other agency departments regarding patient issues; staffing; and scheduling.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of triage nurse practice.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Utilizes results to initiate change in practice.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with internal and external customers.
Acts in a professional, ethical and confidential manner at all times.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge; competencies; and skills appropriate to home health practice by participating in educational activities.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers and other healthcare practitioners by sharing information and interacting well with a team.
Completes patient home visits as needed following the RN Nurse expectations.
Apply on company website