The Planner reports directly to the Team Leader, Team Manager or Director. This position is non-exempt. Up to fifty percent travel may be required.
The role of the Planner is plan/ schedule calibration and maintenance technical service activities while striving to minimize downtime of production, R&D, QC, and/or associated departments. Expectations include reviewing, estimating and sourcing parts, resources and time required for calibration and maintenance work orders (Preventative and Corrective). Assures technical specifications, standards, safety, and change control requirements are approved prior to scheduling. Define weekly calibration and maintenance work schedule and get "buy-in" from stakeholders and/or manufacturing coordinators and/or supervisors.
Responsibilities / Assignments:
The Planner will support the onsite service delivery teams to ensure supplies are available when needed. In addition, the Planner will:
- Coordinate and plan required technical aptitude for the client/project/job.
- Evaluate and plan time factors respective to the calibration or maintenance event at hand.
- Provide evaluation and research on the technical execution requirements to plan work orders and job tasks.
- Communicate with Technicians or Specialist with technical requirements to complete the job at hand.
- Plan and schedule Test Standards to the technical requirements of the procedure required.
- Provide assistance to Storeroom and/or Operations, ordering, inventory control, and communication.
- Provide ongoing suggestion for improvement.
- Assist with updates to production plan and schedule for assigned range of products.
- Provide maintenance of material, recipe and bill of material master data in conjunction with purchasing, marketing, production and finance departments.
- Coordinate with purchasing and warehouse and materials management to ensure critical materials/parts shortages are actively tracked and resolved.
- Perform critical material tracking and recovery to ensure that customer on-time deliveries are achieved.
- Understanding of the technical requirements of calibration and maintenance principals with an ability to deal with complex processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform calibrations when needed.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) experience is required.
- Experience with diagnostics, blood products, clinical chemistry or infectious diseases are strongly preferred.
- Experience using an ERP system and MRP modules required (preferably Maximo). Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, respond to deadlines, problem-solve and lead multi dept. task teams.
- Ability to think systematically, strong problem solving and system knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal skills required to successfully interact with cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are relied upon in all areas of responsibility.
- Must be highly flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
Experience & Education Required for Planner:
A two-year degree in Life Science, Engineering, or Business Administration, other related field, or equivalent military training and two years of applicable technical calibration and maintenance execution experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Pharmaceutical industry or quality system experience is preferred.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website