Company: FedEx Express Canada
Job Title: Bilingual Disability Management Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC318369
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Health & Safety Specialist - CP
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
5985 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4W5K6
La sélection à ce poste requiert une entrevue. SOMMAIRE GÉNÉRAL En collaboration avec les succursales désignées, le spécialiste principal de la sécurité assure la sécurité du personnel et des biens de l'entreprise en conformité avec les exigences législatives et en appui à notre philosophie personnel-service-profit. Assume des responsabilités de haut niveau dans les domaines suivants : santé et sécurité du travail, évaluation des risques, CMSS, vérification, sécurité routière, matières dangereuses, Code canadien du travail, Partie II et SIMDUT. Dirige et guide ses subalternes et forme les directeurs et employés.
If we're going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves – because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company – and we've shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship's hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
FedEx Express Canada is looking for a Bilingual Disability Management Specialist. The position is located in Montreal, QC and requires travel within immediate work area on a regular basis.
The Disability Management Specialist acts with considerable independence, discretion, judgment and initiative in providing advice and case management for the rehabilitation of ill/injured employees through the development, implementation and management of return to work plans. The Disability Management Specialist provides support and direction to management. This role works closely with the rest of the HR team and operations.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Health & Safety, the Disability Management Specialist is accountable for the following:
- Performs case management for the rehabilitation of ill/injured employees through the development of return to work plans. Monitors the effectiveness of return to work plans.
- Provides direction to, and works with employees, managers and external vendors in the development, negotiation and implementation of disability/case management plans and agreements.
- Ensures appropriate medically supported workplace accommodations for employees with disabilities.
- Remains current with workplace legislation and jurisprudence, disability guidelines and treatment protocols through research and investigation, as directed.
- Collects and analyzes data and prepares applicable reports and proposals.
- Supports and provides direction to administrative team
- Performs other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Disability Management, Human Resources, Health Sciences, Health & Safety or relevant field; or related discipline.
- Four (4) years' recent related experience in disability claims management OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Related work experience in disability/absence management and/or rehabilitation.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of various workers compensation programs across Canada, CNESST knowledge is must.
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality provisions with respect to personal health information and other personnel matters.
- Working knowledge of Return to Work Programs and Duty to Accommodate requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage internal/external relationships effectively.
- Sound judgement and excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Fully bilingual in English and French.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and effectiveness in dealing with ill or injured employees and employees with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflicting expectations and resistance.
- Solid understanding of mental health conditions, treatment, and return to work
- Critical Thinking Skills, analytical reasoning
- High sense of urgency and organization / prioritization skills
- Able to work as a key member of a team as well as independently
- Strong proficiency and skills in the Microsoft Office Suites, and have the ability to learn an internal database system
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel to station locations – Less than 5%
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx:
- A competitive salary and incentives
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement
- Strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren't just saying that, it's actually true)
We don't expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered
Apply on company website