If you're a proven accounting professional who combines a strong background in general accounting with the ability to learn quickly, multitask effectively, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, the role of Accounting Senior offers some compelling advantages:
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities across the spectrum of general accounting duties, with plenty of opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills.
- Earn a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic culture.
- Work with a strong team in a mission-driven culture that values innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are serious about our work, but we still know how to maintain a positive attitude even during month-end and other times of increased pressure.
- Highlight your skills and ability to take on additional challenges and advance your career with FGXI or our parent company Essilor, here in Smithfield or at locations across North America and the globe.
- Enjoy the stability and resources of a growing global organization as part of a close-knit local team with a family feel.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and excellent time management skill
- The ability to learn the business quickly and to multitask to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Business acumen including an understanding of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization
- The ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, set objectives, break work into process steps, develop schedules, anticipate and adjust for problems, and evaluate results
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently
- A team player approach and the ability to succeed in a cross-functional environment
- Experience using Cognos TM1 & fully integrated ERP system
Pictured: As the world's leading designer and marketer of non-prescription reading glasses and sunglasses, FGX International is comprised of over 50 established, highly recognized eyewear brands. Shown here are just a few. Role Overview
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you'll be an integral member of our 5-person general accounting function for FGX North America. You'll play a key part in the monthly close process, including journal entries, P&L analysis, balance sheet account analysis, reconciliations, and other various month-end close G/L procedures. You'll also be responsible to complete monthly reporting to our Parent Company.
With your accounting experience there shouldn't be too many surprises in this role. On a daily basis, you'll book journal entries, complete analytical writeups, look at forecasts vs actuals, complete balance sheet reconciliations, and engage in any other general accounting duties as needed. You may also have the opportunity to work with our international teams and with the commercial team as part of special projects, or to bounce ideas around in a collegial work environment.
Some of your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain detailed schedules for all customer rebate transactions to ensure rebates are taken in accordance with customer contracts.
- Review operating expenses to ensure adherence to established budgets and make any corrections or accruals within the general ledger as needed.
- Reconcile inter-company discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information as well as booking foreign exchange once reconciliation is complete.
- Input international subsidiary financial information into the internal Cognos TM1 system.
- Consolidate financial statements to ensure accurate financial measurements and oversight.
- Prepare monthly P&L variance analysis to ensure each functional area is operating within budget; and if not, provide explanations using general ledger details.
- Review Balance Sheet and prepare summaries by account based on details in the general ledger.
- Assist with Canadian tax returns to include monthly GST/QST returns and yearly return requirements.
- Provide support for external audit and ad hoc projects with other functional areas.
- Contribute to the Group's sustainability to help ensure that we can continue to fulfill our mission of improving lives by improving sight.
- Make all business decisions and actions with the goal to serve and align with the Group's sustainability goals and mission.
You'll join our close-knit accounting and finance team, a great group of people who work collaboratively together in a collegial environment. This is the kind of team where you'll always have support and someone to turn to with questions. Our department is an exciting and dynamic place to be, and we welcome new team members who are ready to jump in with both feet!
Mentorship and support
You'll be reporting to a manager with plenty of in-depth experience – she's been at the company for over 20 years! She will be a great mentor to help you learn and grow in this position and beyond.
We will spend the time it takes to set you up well for success in this role, and ours is a dynamic environment filled with interesting challenges and opportunities for growth. There is always something to learn, think through, research or fix. At every level, people are producing work and are learning and evolving their skills and knowledge. For example, when you find success in this role you'll be in a great position to act as a right hand to your manager, or possibly even to take on supervisory responsibility for junior team members in the future.
We are constantly working to improve and enhance both our processes and our culture. If you're the person we're looking for, you will bring ideas and always be on the lookout for ways you can help us grow as an organization. You'll also know that change can create opportunities for strong performers.
We are committed to the health and well-being of all our associates. For the time being, you will work from home. Once it is safe for people to return to the office, we plan to offer employees options. Of course, things will continue to evolve in the current environment, so policies may change.
Global market leadership
With worldwide brand recognition, international corporate locations, and sales spanning the globe, FGX International maintains a global presence, and continues to expand into new locales. Our parent corporation, Essilor International, manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Transitions®, and other brands, and Essilor products are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor's recent merger with Luxottica has created the world's largest player in the eyewear industry.
We offer competitive salaries and attractive benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental care, life insurance and 401K programs, and the opportunity to work on some of the most famous brands in our industry.
Pictured: Making a difference in the lives of others is part of our daily focus at FGX International. We participate in a number of programs designed to provide support to organizations dedicated to improving our way of life, on a local and national level. To be successful in the role of Accounting Senior, you will bring strong general accounting experience, the drive to continue learning, and a positive attitude. We've got a great team that works well together, so a cultural fit will be essential. If you take a collaborative approach, have a positive outlook, and you are willing to get feedback as well as to give it, you'll fit right in. While we have key processes in place for you to follow, we're always open to hearing a fresh perspective on ways we could streamline or improve, so we'll look to you to bring ideas and innovations to the table.
To excel in this role, you will:
- Think on your feet. You may not always have the right answers immediately, but should be skilled at researching/gathering needed information.
- Approach problems with an analytical mindset, breaking them apart to find logical solutions.
- Come forward with problems...and solutions.
- Help and support others as they will support you.
- Work effectively with many different contacts, providing outstanding service.
Apply on company website