The Role You will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing for Fiberon, and have a dotted-line relationship to Senior Director of Environmental, Health, Safety & Security at Fortune Brands Home & Security. Reporting to you will be a Safety Specialist.
In this management role, you will be responsible for safety, health and environmental (SHE) leadership at our three facilities in New London. This will include leading cross-functional teams at the sites and working directly with the corporate SHE team to execute SHE systems and assist in the development, implementation and execution of strategies and tactics intended to continuously move the corporation toward implementation of a best in class/world-class safety program. Quick question for you - click here
We have made significant strides over the past year or so, and have solid programs and a strong safety culture in place. Your mission will be to continue these efforts and take the programs and culture to the next level. More specifically, you will:
- Champion culture (SHE and employee relations) by aligning people with the sites' mission, vision and values.
- Lead strategic planning and execution of the sites' environmental, health, and safety plans to reduce the potential for severe injuries.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with OSHA, EPA and DOT.
- Partner with site leadership to ensure the health, safety and security of all associates and contractors and cultivate a Zero Injury Culture.
- Monitor injury statistics, and monitor and lead corrective action implementation.
- Manage workers' compensation claims for the sites.
- Maintain compliance with insurance carrier guidelines for fire suppression systems and facility condition (extinguisher systems, pumps, risers, sprinklers, valves, alarms, chemical storage).
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives onsite, including development and execution of site action plans, rapid improvement events, and layered-process auditing.
- Lead site ergonomic assessments using Rapid Entire Body Assessment/Rapid Upper Limb Assessment methodology.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and applicable legislation/regulations, and take appropriate measures to ensure compliance.
- Manage the site SHE team. Develop goals and objectives for team members that are integrated with overall site SHE action plans.
- Monitor and provide excellent HR-SHE & Risk service with organization business partners (timely, accurate, efficient and responsive).
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the EHS Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Occupational, Health & Safety or Environmental Management, Engineering, or another applicable field.
- Solid experience managing or leading best-in-class SHE* site programs, including continuous improvement, behavioral-based safety, and formal systems management programs.
- Experience in industrial environments. Quick question for you - click here
- The ability to develop a programmatic strategy and drive measurable improvements in targeted areas.
- A collaborative style and a demonstrated ability to deliver results through a partnering, consultative approach.
- Strong leadership skills, including proven change management abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), databases, etc.
- Solid data mining skills, including Pareto concepts utilizing pivot tables/graphs in Excel.
- The ability to:
- Handle multiple tasks and function in a team-oriented, fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Robust attention to detail and accuracy.
- EHS certifications (ASP/CSP, CIH, CHMM).
- A master's degree in EHS or Engineering.
- Experience developing annual site action plans based off of risk-assessments or organizational maturity models.
- Experience in a union environment.
- Supervisory experience.
*We use safety, health and environmental (SHE) in order to emphasize safety, which will be a strong focus for you. At the same time, you'll have responsibilities in all three areas.
Apply on company website