Analyst, Quantitative Investment Management, Strategic Advisers
Strategic Advisers (SAI) is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity's retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 20 years, Strategic Advisers has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity's investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With over $400 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third-party investment vehicles, the Strategic Advisers team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for over one million customer accounts.
The Investment Architecture team within the Portfolio Engineering division is responsible for the business and systems architecture that enables SAI to manage personalized client portfolios at scale. The team focuses on using quantitative portfolio construction methods to implement new investment ideas and capabilities in hundreds of thousands of client accounts, bridging product development, fundamental and quantitative research, investment management and technology. As SAI continues to grow and manage increasingly complex goals and portfolios, the Investment Architecture team will play a key role in improving and building the new portfolio construction methodologies, tools, workflows and platforms that are needed.
- Help craft the overall business and systems architecture and roadmap for single- and multi-account management across PI, WI and outside assets
- Design, develop, and prototype the next generation of managed account capabilities and functions: portfolio construction/optimization, portfolio analytics and quality metrics, prediction models, workflow components, cross-company interfaces, etc.
- Work with business and technology partners to develop conceptual design frameworks and principles, white papers, requirements, etc. to guide platform technology development
- Look for opportunities to improve investment management efficiency and effectiveness across Portfolio Engineering (e.g., scale, process, client outcomes)
- Track and evaluate new technologies and portfolio construction techniques
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with quantitative portfolio construction methods, optimization techniques, tax-sensitive management, portfolio analysis
- Proven technical skills for prototyping solutions (R, optimizers, Python, SQL, BI tools, etc.)
- Tech savvy -- ability to understand and collaborate with technology at a deep level
- Analytical and architecture-oriented attitude, ability to visualize patterns and abstract problems
- Ability to work across the organization in various disciplines to drive consensus/closure; strong collaboration and influence skills; project management mind-set
- Creative, innovative thinker with intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn and grow
- 5+ years in the investment management industry; deep understanding of financial markets and the investment management process. A background in both quantitative finance/investment management and engineering/technology would be ideal. CFA and/or CFP, or progress towards either a plus.
- Location: Boston or Denver
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website