Join Fidelity Real Estate's Engineering team responsible for infrastructure operations, maintenance and repair of the Boston regional portfolio. You will serve as the chief engineer, managing operating engineers with electrical, HVAC and plumbing expertise.
Fidelity Real Estate Company (FREC) is the corporate real estate division of Fidelity Investments, providing a full range of services to Fidelity business units nationally and internationally. You will be joining a regional team that is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of buildings in Boston, including the HQ with critical trading and data center operations. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
The Expertise You Have
- Technical training or Associates/Bachelor's degree in a relevant (mechanical or electrical engineering) field
- 5+ years of experience in similar role in a 24x7 mission critical operation
The Skills You Bring
- You are a positive collaborator with the ability to also function autonomously on individual assignments.
- You exhibit knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and possess the ability to determine the root cause of technical problems
- You have a proven ability to build and maintain a network of individuals to leverage in order to achieve goals and results. You are unconstrained by traditional or orthodox ways of thinking.
- You organize projects into manageable tasks that are logically or sequentially related and weigh the cost, benefits and risk factors to determine the best solution(s).
- You possess an ability to recognize, anticipate and resolve organizational, operational or process problems in diverse situations.
The Value You Deliver
- Daily operations and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems, including critical equipment such as generators, batteries and UPS systems.
- Point of escalation for all infrastructure-related failures and issues. Available to respond outside of regular business hours for emergencies.
- Supervise a staff of shift operators and day engineers. Manage training programs and work schedules and overtime expenses.
- Manage external vendors to meet compliance with code, OSHA requirements and contractual obligations necessary for high uptime.
- Ensure buildings maintain code compliance and will work with our portfolio engineering services team to adhere to Fidelity's Engineering standards.
- Manage small projects and coordinate with the Project Managers on large projects. Provide input to engineering design where necessary.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications:
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at email@example.com or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Apply on company website