Job Description: This Architect will play a Technical Solution Architecture role within the Independent Investor Domain. Independent Investor Domain makes investing platforms and trading offerings easy to engage to enable our self-directed clients to accomplish their objectives digitally. This individual will be responsible for the creation of the next generation software components on one of the largest high volume FinTech stages in the world that are used by Fidelity's personal investment customers. This individual will work closely with business sponsors, project managers, engineers and other architects to analyze / recommend changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies. This role owns the end to end architecture, RTO and RPO of each and should love owning the outcomes associated to building highly available experiences.
The Team Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture team is seeking an individual who is looking for a meaningful and rewarding opportunity to help change and influence the future of PI applications and products in our next generation of experience platforms. As a member of the architecture team, you will take part in a whole new integrated experience platform. You will work with architecture and application teams to help champion innovation, drive standardization and deliver on new technology patterns across the stack for our customers use. You will drive product roadmap evolution in conjunction with business unit product goals and provide leadership in computing services, adoption of platforms and consolidation across our team's initiatives. Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture provides strategic technology direction and architecture vision for Fidelity's Personal Investing businesses. We're a comprehensive central architecture practice, leading IT strategy and architecture transformation, IT oversight and governance, promoting collaboration and open communication to facilitate better decision-making at all levels. Technology changes lives. Our strategies and solutions make that happen!
The Expertise You Have
- 5+ years of experience in Architecture or as a Technical Lead or equivalent experience.
- Provide technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to agile teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions.
- Analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and risk in developing strategic technical solutions. Work closely with Product/Application teams in technology evaluation, selection, recommendation and configuration.
- Build and lead positive relationships with product managers, architects and technical leads for individual products and applications.
- Ability to drive solutions architecture design and ownership and articulate architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
- Deep knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies. • Proven knowledge of the agile development process and DevOps practices.
- Engagement with Project Teams to deliver AIPs, drive issue resolution, wellness plans, and product roadmaps.
- The outstanding ability to work both independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong software development skills and experience using Java / Golang / Node.js and web application technologies in a service-oriented architecture
- AWS, Azure and GCP or Salesforce Professional Level Certifications.
- Proven expertise in Server-Side technologies like Java, Node.js and SSR / universal applications.
- Outstanding experience or certification in Cloud Computing, with AWS preferred.
- Expertise with continuous integration, static code analysis, and unit testing and/or test-driven development.
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience with API Management, domain and capability modeling.
- Demonstrable experience in internet security: OAuth, Open ID Connect and knowledge of standard methodologies.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions and E2E Reference architecture and architecture diagrams.
- Positive presentation skills; written and verbal communication including the ability to influence.
- Broad Portfolio on Github.com or Codepen.io
- Collaborating with peer architects finding opportunities to refactor business processes, improve customer experience or perform capability rationalization.
- Contributing to the development of digital architecture blueprint by monitoring industry and technology trends and directions.
- Ensuring technology decisions align with architecture standards and strategies.
- Evaluating and recommending technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website