Pembroke is an international real estate advisor that acquires, develops and manages properties and places – specializing in mixed-use and office environments in the world's leading cities. We believe that properties that stand the test of time deserve a lot of time. So, we take a different approach: a thoughtful approach.
Facilitating patient capital of FMR LLC (Fidelity Investments) and FIL (Fidelity International Limited), we invest in global markets with long-term growth potential.
Over the past twenty years, we've grown to include offices in Boston, London, Munich, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington DC, and manage approximately 762,000 sq m/8.2m sq ft in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. By combining a global point of view with local expertise, we're able to create and manage world-class properties that deliver the best outcomes for our tenants, investors and the communities in which we work. Our US portfolio is comprised of office buildings with retail at street level.
At Pembroke, we're united by a belief that real estate is more than just buildings. Our mission is to create long-term value through our global expertise, local knowledge and passion for real estate. Comprised of experts across a variety of fields, our team consistently strives for excellence, achieves with integrity and embraces collaboration. Working together, we create places people love.
For more information, visit our website: www.pembroke.com
We are looking for an accounting and finance professional to be responsible for financial accounting, reporting, budgeting and forecasting supporting Pembroke's North America real estate portfolio as well as global finance operations.
A successful candidate is a self-motivated individual who has strong accounting and analytical skills, comfort working with integrated systems, is highly organized, is detail oriented and works collaboratively with business partners and fellow accountants.
- Responsible for ultimate oversight of and the management of associates supporting the day-to-day accounting of the US portfolio.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish the priorities for each property in support of the annual budget and multi-year plan.
- Build reports and present to senior management as needed.
- Partner with Asset Management teams to prepare cash flow forecasts in support of property valuations and cash flow management.
- Act as primary resource and point of contact on US GAAP accounting matters. Ensure timely and accurate research, resolution and documentation of all matters. Remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting and keep senior management abreast of new developments.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual financial statements and audits.
- Oversee the debt compliance process, including preparing covenant calculations, property status reports, and managing the relationship with lenders.
- Act as primary liaison with Corporate Audit. Help coordinate audit processes as well as ensuring that findings are addressed appropriately and identified risks are addressed.
- Responsible for the administration of Pembroke's Travel & Expense, Accounts Payable, Vendor Management and Treasury Operations programs, including maintenance of the related policies and procedures and training associates and third-party service providers.
- Identify and help to implement improvements in the close and reporting process that drive us toward better automation and more efficient processes.
- Ad hoc project work, including support of various systems improvements and efficiency initiatives across the global Finance team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a director-level role at Fidelity
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Strong background in financial accounting and controls
- Experience with Yardi Voyager and Hyperion PBCS useful
- Experience in a real estate investment or development organization helpful
- Flexibility to attend evening or early morning calls to interact with international teams
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website