As Principal Architect you will assist the FIAM technology organization with technical design and consultation services. Teams will look to you to help determine the most appropriate use of technologies to achieve the functional and non-functional objectives of the projects you are aligned to.
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM) is a sales, marketing and servicing division within Fidelity with the mission to bring Fidelity investment products and services to the market through investment advisors and large institutions. The technology teams support the business through close collaboration and partnership to maximize the impact that technology can have on business goals and objectives. This is a fast-paced environment that operates using mature agile practices and principles. We stress customer-obsessed thinking and an innovative culture.
The Expertise You Have
- Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical curriculum
- Experience: minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated architectural skills and responsibilities; experience with one or more technical domains designing and building scalable, resilient solutions
- You have experience with providing technical leadership to development teams
- You have a senior level understanding of general integration patterns and implementation considerations for a variety of technologies
- You have strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication.
- You have facilitation skills which allow you to lead teams through design sessions to arrive at optimal design decisions
- You are a quick and eager learner of new technologies
- Providing technical leadership and hands on guidance to agile teams in preparing design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Contributing to the development of a digital architecture blueprint by monitoring industry and technology trends and directions.
- Developing technical architecture designs and articulating architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
- Working independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Translating business needs into technology solutions
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in crafting and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive work environment where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website