The Purpose of Your Role
As a Principal Security Developer, you will work in an innovative security group to help build our underlying security platform. The team is looking for a highly motivated individual showing an interest in furthering their expertise and experience in the field. Your work will have a direct impact in providing secure capabilities for Fidelity to ensure its customer's security. In Personal Investing (PI) Security, we are looking to simplify the security process with automation and create a robust platform for the enterprise. PI Security will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and grow your career. We offer the opportunity to work with highly skilled and motivated individuals and operate in an environment which fosters learning in both security and technical skills.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Experienced software engineer with 10+ years of direct experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently as well as embedded within a team.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate concepts and ideas
Excellent Java and MVC framework: Spring MVC, Struts.
- Experience with Java API Development skills in Java, DropWizard, Jetty.
Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Development Practices such as Jenkins, Ansible.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Experience with automated testing including JUnit and more.
Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
Proven proficiency in SOA and API development (REST and SOAP) and building/scaling high availability web services and service-oriented architectures.
Creating reliable, efficient, reusable, and secure front-end components and experiences.
Experience with AWS, infrastructure as code such as YAML, JSON, Terraform a plus
- Experience with multiple languages a plus.
- Experience with Agile Methodology a plus
- Experience in a technical domain of security (network, software, assessment, architecture, cloud) a plus.
Working on various small, medium and large-scale projects to modify a complex Web Infrastructure.
Engagement in all areas of SDLC including requirements, development, deployment, testing, monitoring and operations.
Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver quality software.
Adjusts positively to fast changing priorities and shifting goals in an Agile environment.
Comfortable thinking through problems alone or with a team and owning solutions.
Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery, and documentation.
- Provide environment support as code moves through development, integration, acceptance and production environments.
- Communicates issues, progress and status to all levels of the organization.
- Provide high quality work under tight deadlines
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
Should be willing and able to work with various technologies and programming languages. Our products use Java/J2EE, C++, SQL and run on Linux
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
As a member of PI Security you will be part of a passionate team servicing a diverse set of customer security needs. You will be a member of an organization that seeks to provide world-class security capabilities and the most trusted experience to our customers anytime, anyplace, on any device.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website