Fidelity is looking for a Full Stack developer to join the Brokerage Technology development team. This candidate would engage in the design, development, implementation, and support of mission critical, front end web applications and financial tools using the newest technology stack.
This role will act as a lead developer for an agile squad consisting of front-developers, QA, analysts, and a squad lead, as well as collaborating across teams to influence technology standards and improve development processes. Our Wealthscape suite of web applications are used by Registered Investment Advisors and Correspondents to deliver comprehensive brokerage solutions to our client's institutional customers, including account opening, trading solutions, cashiering, reports and alerts, market data and research, modeling and rebalancing, and risk management and compliance tools.
The Expertise You Have
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 5-7 years of experience building scalable web and middle tier applications with core Java and Angular
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.) and Spring Framework
- Experience building cloud enabled applications using 12 factor design a plus
- Experience with test driven development a plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines a plus
- Experience with brokerage and financial services application development a plus
- Working knowledge of design system (Basis, Providence) a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Strong engineering skills and experience developing maintainable, scalable multi-tiered applications
- Desire to collaborate and work closely in a paired programming environment.
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to test automation
- Focus on communicating and learning the business behind the application
- Enjoyment of developing and presenting alternatives
- Open to direction and following agreed upon standards
The Value You Deliver
- Developing/Deploying software in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborating with colleagues on technical implementation and process improvement
- Working closely with in Architecture, Development, User Experience, and Product Owner to craft new features
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Mentoring junior team members to improve team velocity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Apply on company website