The Workplace Investing (WI) Data Engineering & Exchange technology group within Fidelity Investments is responsible for the development and maintenance of data platforms. The Defined Contribution (think 401k, 403b, etc) record keeping team is focused on the evolution of the DC record keeping platform, building cloud ready solutions on distributed technologies (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Hadoop).
This position will be based full time in Smithfield, RIThe Team
You will assist with the team's evolution of the next generation DC record keeping platform building out distributed solutions partnering with other data, services, and UX teams to build new business capabilities and enhancing the plan sponsor and customer experiences on PSW and Net Benefits.
As a Senior Software Data Engineer, you will partner with business and systems technology teams to successfully deliver new solutions/capabilities that support our business priorities. You are primarily responsible for database development and design which can range from small to large scale initiatives.
The Expertise You Have
- Proven experience in developing Oracle SQL & PL/SQL solutions
- Strong background with data analysis and debugging with a focus on identifying data quality issues
- Exposure to ETL platforms (Informatica ideal but not required), data quality tools, scripting languages, agile development will be a plus
- Proven self-starter that is comfortable working independently and, in a team setting
- You are proficient in Oracle PLSQL and understand performance tuning
- You have a good understanding of database design concepts - Transactional / Data mart / Data warehouse
- You enjoy analyzing data, identifying gaps, issues, patterns and trends
- You can analyze application dependencies and conduct impact assessment of changes
- You understand CI/CD processes & tools and are passionate about delivering high quality software
- You are familiar with Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Stash, EDMS
- Understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Working with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Analyzing and solving issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and discernment
- Learning, adapting and striving to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
At Fidelity, we arefocused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective inhelping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company thatplaces a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment thatattracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplacewhere we respect and value our associates fortheir unique perspectives and experiences. For informationabout working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
FidelityInvestments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website