Fidelity is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to join the Fidelity Brokerage Technology team. The role's focus is building innovative technology for financial advisors and their clients. This role will be hands-on leading the technology, architecture, implementation, testing and delivery of world class web applications. The Senior Full Stack Engineer will work closely with technical leads, product managers and business analysts to move ideas from concepts to scale and bring these game-changing ideas to market.
This role will act as a senior developer for an agile scrum team consisting of front-developers, QA, analysts, and a Product Owner, as well as collaborating across teams to influence technology standards and improve development processes. Our Wealthscape suite of web applications are used by Registered Investment Advisors and Correspondents to deliver comprehensive brokerage solutions to our client's institutional customers, including account opening, trading solutions, cashiering, reports and alerts, market data and research, modeling and rebalancing, and risk management and compliance tools.
The Expertise You Have
- 3-6 years software engineering experience
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, RESTful APIs, system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with a modern MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django or Express
- Experience with a modern UI framework such as React, Angular or Vue
- Proven track record of delivering web applications at scale
- Passion for testing as a core part of the development process
- You thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with high risks and high rewards
- Experience AWS, CI/CD, ES6, React or SASS
The Skills You Bring
- Strong engineering skills and experience developing maintainable, scalable multi-tiered applications
- Desire to collaborate and work closely in a paired programming environment.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to test automation
- Focus on communicating and learning the business behind the application
- Enjoyment of developing and presenting alternatives
- Open to direction and following agreed upon standards
The Value You Deliver
- Developing/Deploying software in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborating with colleagues on technical implementation and process improvement
- Working closely with in Architecture, Development, User Experience, and Product Owner to design new features
- Keeping up to date with latest technologies and frameworks
- Mentoring junior team members to improve team velocity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Apply on company website