Quantitative Research Services provides analytic solutions and data management services to clients in quantitative research, portfolio management, and senior leadership roles across Asset Management. This specialized team leads development efforts to expand and enhance the technical infrastructure and reporting capabilities associated with multi-factor model risk forecasting, quantitative alpha research, big data analytics, and performance attribution. Together with their partners in the technology and research divisions, members of this organization work as an integral part of small project teams to deliver innovative data visualization and analytic tools capable of illustrating current and time series investment themes, portfolio exposures, and factors driving fund performance. In addition to their project work, associates are also responsible for the oversight, maintenance, quality assurance and operational support of analytic and reporting environments to ensure timely and accurate investment intelligence is delivered for direct use within the portfolio management process.
The Expertise You Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, math, accounting, engineering, or computer science. Master's Degree and/or CFA Charter are strongly desired.
- 5-7 years of experience in an investment data analytics capacity.
- Demonstrated history as a top performer working in a data analysis role where technical skills were required.
- Successfully led medium to large sized projects in a fast-paced environment.
The Value You Deliver:
- Develop deep understanding across all aspects of alpha research including model construction, factor definitions, factor calculations, and translating output statistics into meaningful information used within the portfolio management function.
- Perform business, systems, and data analysis, process design, and acceptance testing across projects that require new research content, investment analytics, and/or produce additional reporting capabilities for investment professionals.
- Oversee daily/weekly/monthly production reporting cycles across the analytic environments. Ensure all required input data is available, processes run successfully, statistical output is accurate, and reports are generated properly.
- Respond to ad-hoc data analysis requests in support of projects performed by Quantitative Research Analysts in addition to frequent high priority inquiries from other senior investment professionals.
- Contribute to the continued development and incorporation of non-traditional and/or unstructured data as well as data science applications to enhance the research and investment process.
The Skills You Bring:
- Advanced level SQL and ability to traverse a wide array of database schemas across diverse content sets.
- Experience programming in Python or R with the ability to develop customized quantitative tools.
- Highly analytical with the ability to quickly comprehend large data sets in order to develop new processes, perform calculations, identify anomalies, and/or produce new reporting capabilities.
- Familiarity with quantitative analytics, including fund and index performance measurement, predictive risk modeling, alpha research, stock selection models, and performance attribution.
- Strong hands-on project leadership skills with the drive to complete complex projects as a part of small teams within an extremely fast paced environment. Capability to liaise with investment professionals to gather requirements and manage deliverables of technical development teams.
- Knowledge of securities, corporate actions, financial statement analysis, street estimates, pricing and performance data.
- Highly proactive and self-motivated with the ability to meet objectives under minimal supervision.
- Experience with FactSet and Bloomberg is a plus.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website