We are looking for a quantitative software engineer with investment domain knowledge to join Fidelity's High Yield, Investment Tools Development Team.
Our high yield team manages over $100B of client assets and invests in US high yield debt, emerging market debt and high yield alternative credit products. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with our high yield team in Boston interacting directly with traders, portfolio managers, research analysts and investment services team to build new and innovative tools. As an embedded part of an investment team, you will be learning and contributing to the investment process.
The Expertise You Have
- Creative problem solver with experience in both financial services and software development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- CFA or dedication to work towards completing the CFA designation.
- Experience with Bloomberg and or FactSet a plus.
- Experience with data analytics platforms (R, SAS, Tableau) a plus.
The Skills You Bring
- You are extremely versatile, comfortable working alongside and communicating with investment professionals as well as developing creative technical solutions in this space.
- You know how to develop robust financial software solutions with experience in VBA, Python or Matlab.
- Comfortable working with large datasets, writing queries in SQL and working with fixed income analytics.
- You are self-motivated, solutions oriented and capable navigating a large corporate environment to get things done.
The Value You Deliver
- Supporting our investment professionals in improving their efficiency as they research markets, make investment decisions and trade.
- Automating manual processes to save investment professionals time.
- Supporting new product development with rapid turnaround technical solutions and data analysis to support their rollout.
- Analyzing our investment and operational data and producing oversight reporting for our divisional leadership.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website