As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop robust data centric software solutions to support Fidelity Institutional Asset Management's (FIAM) business capabilities. You will act as an agent of change in modernizing distributed data management solutions to align with the Enterprise goal to move toward cloud-based solutions. You will seek opportunities to realize innovative ideas that drive business value. You will be an integral member on the team who leads in setting Software Engineering standard methodologies.
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM), markets Fidelity mutual funds and other products to certain institutional investors and investment professionals at financial institutions nationwide. The FIAM Quality and Data Delivery team is seeking a dynamic hands-on software engineer to develop software solutions to meet the business unit's data integration and advanced analytic goals. We will grow your skills and you will have the opportunity to learn the latest cloud services and big data technologies. If you believe getting core data structures and algorithms right is essential to solving customer problems we are the team for you!
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more modern Object Oriented Programming Languages (Java, Scala, Python) including the ability to code in more than one programming language.
- Advanced skills in data intensive application development, data integration, and data pipeline design patterns on a distributed platform.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- You enjoy challenges and problem solving while looking for opportunities to improve our processes at every level.
- You will cultivate the design and development of technology standard methodologies to all layers of the application stack.
- Solid experience in executing projects in an Agile environment.
The Skills You Bring
- Your dedication and aptitude for learning new technologies to solve problems.
- Your dedication to collaborative problem solving, elegant design, and a quality product is essential.
- Your passion for developing data applications and knowledge of data modeling, data movement, and data access design patterns.
- Your advanced data processing skills using CDC and data streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Sqoop, Apache NiFi, etc.
- Your Big Data skills with popular stacks like Hadoop, Spark, EMR
- Your understanding of NoSQL database technologies and non-relational data modeling techniques, e.g. Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Your proven experience with cloud native data warehousing and data lake solutions using Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, Presto, etc
- Your experience with redesigning existing applications on cloud services, for example AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Lambda, AWS Batch, Glue, EFS, SQS, etc.
- Your knowledge of the Batch Applications for the Java Platform (JSR-352) specification.
- Your DevOps experience in managing code and deployment pipelines using Git and Jenkins
- Your solid understanding of Relational Databases and ANSI SQL.
- Knowledge of Dimensional data modeling and Star Schema concepts
The Value You Deliver
- Keeping the focus of the work in terms of Customer obsession.
- Working with technical leads to make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions.
- Building data models supporting complex transformation.
- Embracing continuous improvement regarding application quality and stability.
- Displaying dedication and a strong sense of ownership for the quality of solution delivery.
- Being candid and honest in all discussions to ensure the best outcomes.
AtFidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessibleand effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privatelyheld company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing awork environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment toour associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
FidelityInvestments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website