Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for Principal Software Engineer to work in Smithfield, RI.
Are you energized by rapid software development? Do you want to combine the fast pace of a start up with the financial backing of one of the most successful companies in the industry? Then be part of an exciting new incubator within Fidelity geared at rapidly move ideas from concepts to scale to help bring these game-changing ideas to market. If you are a highly skilled Software Engineer with a passion for creating products and services that make lives better, a career in FCAT may be right for you!
At FCAT, we use emerging technologies and human-centered design to create visionary products and services that improve people's financial lives. As the innovation engine for Fidelity Investments, we provide expertise to the rest of the firm on new tools and techniques, while also incubating potential new lines of business.
The role is based in Smithfield, RI.The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, and platforms
- Full-Stack development experience (front-end, middle-tier & database)
- At least 4 years of Java programming experience
- Experience with Spring Boot, Restful APIs, and architecture is very desirable
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Able to take a concept and turn it into a product
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt diverse technologies
- Ability to think strategically: creative thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on work style: Dynamic can-do attitude, proactive and curious in nature.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for working closely with the VP of Software Engineering to architect, design and build pilots and new products. Candidates must be experienced working with a small team of developers in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, high risks and uncertainty.The Skills You Bring
- Proven leadership and strong technical skills
- Proven track record designing and building complex end-to-end systems
- Java and Spring development experience
- Strong Object-Oriented skills and experience with UML
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments, applications and tools
- Experience with Agile/iterative software delivery methodologies
- Full Stack developer
- Ability to work across peer group to resolve technical/design issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize diverse technologies
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
- Good technical skills and a passion for programming
- Full stack developer
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Provide technical leadership to all team members
- Escalate issues and risks to executive management for timely resolution
- Mentor junior team members
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website