Shifts for this position are 12 hours. The schedule consists of 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next.Job Description
Working on a team of Security professionals, you will play an integral role in creating peace of mind for Fidelity and its customers by protecting company assets, minimizing risk, and ensuring overall safety at our Covington, KY location.
This is not a typical “security guard” position, and no prior security or law enforcement experience is necessary. We will train you to actively patrol and respond to breaches and other threats against the firm, as well as acting as a first-responder in emergency situations.Job Responsibilities
As a Security Officer, you will provide excellent security for Fidelity Investments, conducting focused patrols by foot or vehicle in order to protect people, property, and information within your assigned area of responsibility.Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Checking electronic and mechanical devices that require monitoring and recording, and reporting any abnormal conditions
- Ensuring that facilities and restricted areas are properly secured
- Verifying need for entry and issuing badges to visitors
- Rendering first-responder services to all emergencies and incidents within the scope of your training
- Preparing written incident reports
- Using various computer applications
- Using various manuals and automated equipment such as fire extinguishers, first aid supplies, etc.
- Providing access control, security, and customer interface at fixed posts to include lobby entry points, executive reception areas, and event-related assignments
- Answering phone calls and documenting all messages and requests
- Performing specialized additional duties relating to controlling computer systems and facility access as needed
You are motivated, engaged, ambitious, and looking to build a long-term career. You are prepared to work as part of a team, acting quickly and professionally as you respond to urgent, potentially stressful situations. You will use your strong communication and customer service skills to work with a variety of department managers and staff in addition to external visitors.Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Experience in a role requiring problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to spend periods of time walking or standing at a fixed post
- Ability to perform first-responder rescue activities involved with medical or facility emergency situations
- Knowledge of basic first aid, physical security techniques and principles, and CPR, or the ability to acquire such knowledge through training
- Ability to present a neat, clean, non-threatening appearance and professional demeanor
- Ability to demonstrate self-control under stress
- Basic computer proficiency
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Good analytical skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, or weekends
- Some college, preferred; bachelor's degree or equivalent, a plus; criminal justice degree, a plus
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website