Software Engineer in Test
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer in Test to work in Fidelity's Health Care Group in Durham, NC.
Fidelity TalentSource has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer in Test with a strong software development talent. This individual will be responsible for crafting and developing test automation and in-house
Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests and in-house software utilities.
Adhere to established software engineering standard methodologies and standards.
Conduct peer code reviews and mentor junior associates.
Collaborate with other technical resources to:
- Suggest improvements for processes, standard methodologies, and standards.
- Design and develop automated tests and/or software tools.
- Understand requirements.
- Find opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
- Understand and apply test driven design concepts to test and debug automated solutions and software utilities developed by self and others.
- Deliver accurate and maintainable code for test automation and software utilities.
- Design, develop, document, and execute manual tests when automated scripts are not applicable.
- Collaborate with project team to understand and prioritize system testing efforts
- Mine and manipulate data to build test data for multiple or complex projects
- Define automated regression tests for future projects and for ongoing regression efforts
- Document and report on identified system testing issues in standard defect tracking tool
- Identify defects in multiple environments and throughout all phases of the development life cycle and ensure that development groups address all open defects in a timely manner.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Test Automation Experience using below (at least 3)
- jUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Rest Assured
- Experience with source code version controlling using GIT
- Test automation experience using JS frameworks such as Jasmine, karma, protractor is a plus
- Knowledge of equity, options and fixed income trading is a plus
- Soft skills
- Solid technical background of solving problems and identifying root cause.
- Reciprocal teammate who can work independently across local and distributed teams
- shares knowledge and enjoy mentoring other members of the team
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field.
Preferred Technology Experience
- Web Services
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website