SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the operation of assigned banks or windows within the Cage Department. Ensure transactions are performed accurately and in accordance to procedures. Assist guests with transactions while maintaining a friendly, courteous attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Accurately balances assigned bank.
- Cashes chips and other gaming instruments in a courteous, timely manner.
- Cashes approved checks.
- Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for the various currencies received.
- Processes marker issuance and buy-back transactions, providing quality service to each guest.
- Safeguards company assets and adheres to all Cage policies and procedures.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous attitude and the highest standard of quality guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Effective communication skills required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate. Must be 21 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
College courses in Accounting, Banking, Finance or related area.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Lift, push or pull up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Apply on company website