SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the safe operation and transport of guest vehicles on company property in accordance with established policies, procedures, and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists guests promptly and courteously in Valet check-in and check-out.
- Urgency is highly preferred for all pick-ups from the designated Transportation Valet lots (weather conditions permitting), in accordance with established safety guidelines.
- Parks vehicles in designated areas of the property, then accurately records the location of the vehicle onto a Valet receipt, which is attached to the appropriate keys and stored in the Valet office until the guest is ready to leave the property.
- Effectively communicates with the Dual-Rate Valet Supervisors, Valet Supervisors and the Valet Manager.
- Promptly clears valet drop-off area of cars to be parked.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and Team Members.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Must possess a valid state issued driver's license, as well as a good driving record. Physical endurance and stamina, as well as effective communication skills.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or GED. One year experience in Transportation field. Ability to safely drive and operate a wide variety of vehicles, including those that possess a manual transmission.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Apply on company website